Do you have an Android smartphone? Then you can access our many Ebsco databases from it! Our databases are great for research purposes — perfect for students of all ages, from K-12 as well as college and grad students, plus anyone else who wants to know more about a topic. What you find in the databases has gone through a quality control process to ensure you're getting accurate, readable, authoritative information. They're also great sources for accessing journals, newspapers and magazine articles, including older, archived stories.
Here's how you do it:
1. Download Ebsco's free Android app to your phone.
2. Visit our Databases page. In the yellow box at the top, click on the appropriate link based on whether you're outside or inside the library.
3. On the next page that appears, click on any of the databases that are from Ebsco. (If you're outside the library, you'll be asked to enter your library card number, which is 14 digits long and should be entered without any spaces: PMML0000XXXXXX.) Since Ebsco's Academic Search Complete database is at the top, let's click that one for this example.
4. Once you're in that database, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the link that reads, "New: EBSCOhost iPhone and Android Applications."
5. In the box that appears, enter your email address and click [Send].
6. Then check your email on your Android smartphone; Ebsco will email you the authorization key to allow you to access our library databases from the app on your phone. Click on the link in the email to get authorized. Then start researching using the Android Ebsco app!