Saturday, November 3, 2012

Quotes about Books

The great thinkers, writers, musicians, politicians, and many others have a lot of things to say about books and reading. I just wanted to share some of them with you. Feel free to comment back with some of your favorites.


“I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library.”
― Jorge Luis Borges

“One must always be careful of books," said Tessa, "and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us.”
― Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Angel

“Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers.”
― Charles William Eliot

“Here’s to books, the cheapest vacation you can buy.”
― Charlaine Harris

“There is no friend as loyal as a book.”
― Ernest Hemingway

“Good books don't give up all their secrets at once.”
― Stephen King

"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
― C.S. Lewis

“My Best Friend is a person who will give me a book I have not read.”
― Abraham Lincoln

“Books to the ceiling,
Books to the sky,
My pile of books is a mile high.
How I love them! How I need them!
I'll have a long beard by the time I read them.”
― Arnold Lobel

“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, said Jojen. The man who never reads lives only one.”
― George R.R. Martin, A Dance With Dragons

“I don't believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book.”
― J.K. Rowling

“All the secrets of the world are contained in books. Read at your own risk.”
― Lemony Snicket

No comments: